Friday, 16 September 2016
Wednesday, 20 July 2016
Saturday, 4 June 2016
**Please note, this pattern is written using UK abbreviations**
YOU WILL NEED:
A 5mm hook & Chunky yarn. If you want to use up scrap yarn in other sizes, just hold two or three strands together, depending on what weight of yarn you are using. What you are aiming for is a tight stitch that keeps the nest upright and stops it being floppy.
Round 1) You can either begin with the magic loop method, in which case, do 10 htc into the magic loop, or:
ch 2, do 10 htc into the second ch from hook, join with a sl-st.
Round 2) ch 1, 2htc in each st around, join with a sl-st - 20
Round 3) ch 1, *htc 1, 2htc in next* around, join with a sl-st. - 30
Round 4-5) htc 2 rounds.
Round 6-7 ) dc 2 rounds.
Sew in ends.
So simple and rewarding, what are you waiting for? 👍🏻❤️😊
Thursday, 2 June 2016
I got a storage crate with a lid and drilled two 30mm diameter holes in the top:
Monday, 1 June 2015
Wednesday, 14 January 2015
- For the mash (if you are not cheating):
- 600g potatoes
- 250g swede
- 250g carrots
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 carrots (chopped small)
- 1 courgette (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 300g vegetarian mince
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 400g chopped tomatoes (1 tin)
- 50ml water
- 2 vegetable stock pots/cubes
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Salt & pepper to season
- Small handful of cheddar
1. For the mash, cook the potatoes, carrots and swede in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender - (approx 20 minutes.)
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion, garlic and carrots for a few minutes, until softened. Stir the curry powder through, then add the vegetarian mince, tinned tomatoes, stock pots/cubes, water, mushrooms and grated courgette. Bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and season to your liking with salt & pepper.
3. Warm a large baking dish underneath the grill whilst mashing the carrots, swede and potatoes.
4. Blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp cold water and use it to thicken the filling. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and spoon the vegetable mash on top. Sprinkle with a bit of cheddar and grill for about 8-10 minutes. Now stuff your face, trying to stop before you explode!
You are welcome.
Wednesday, 17 December 2014
So if you are planning on donating this Christmas period, I urge you to give them a gift, however small. Their website has a donate button: http://www.caerphillybirdrescue.com
Here's wishing you all a fabulous festive season and new year. Peace and love xxx